Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wolves of a Thousand Eyes (Chap. 1)

I wrote this is WolfQuest but one of the mods locked it.  So  I am creating a blog where people can read it. I've never posted a story on the web that I wrote, the chapters might be kind of short but I'm not writing a real book, I printed this and another chapter on a word doc and it was 5 pages, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.

So here goes

______________________________________________________________________

Part 1. Chapter 1: In dire circumstances.

 

"Dangit Felhwin" Said Rohje "We can't outpace the humans at this slow rate!"

Felwhin, the runt of the pack, son of Issiac and Braiser, who have recently been kicked out of the pack or killed by the humans death traps. Was never thought to be a runt, at birth, he looked like a strong male and future alpha. But are pack then was strong, and there were many jealousies of Issiac and Braiser. When they had their pup, Issiac was tormented during her pregnancy and gave birth to four unnamed pups. But still one survived, he was strong at heart in the first 3 months, but after pups of the other pack members that had come along before him, always tormented young Felhwin, he ran off one day. nobody knows where. And he came back a few days later, tired and starving. His mother, which was still alive then. The father was killed by a human death trap. Was the only one that had helped her only son recover. She got shot later that week, dyeing in the process.

We have no name for our pack. For we are hunted, day and night. We angered the humans by eating a flock of 50 or so cattle and sheep, about 3 days run away. We are a pack of 6, we used to be 10, the weaker ones have been killed off. We have left all pups behind I am not counting the pups in the pack numbers, and left behind all elderly, and weak. We have only kept Felhwin because he was able to keep up, but slowly he is being left behind by larger and larger distances.

I am Rohje, the alpha male, sadly, my mate was taken by another rival pack, I ran away for days, hoping to find her, luckily my own pack mates found me first, for the rival pack was not a days away, and I would have surely been killed. I am leading us north, where there are less humans. And hopefully more food. I know of one other pack that left north, that was years earlier. At the moment, the pack only has two females, one growing weaker every day. Same with one of the males. We have not killed a large prey animal in days, we usually grab the small animals on the run. One of our females carried a pup for a few days, until she was to weak to go further with the pup, sadly, we had to force her away from the pup while one of the males snapped it's neck.

"Rain" I said "How far away are the humans?"

"About a half days away."

He snapped at me and ran, for I am not as popular in the pack now days as I was when I took over.

I singled for the time to rest. Felhwin usually stays away from the rest of the pack, as the rest of the pack stays away from me. but they do not challenge my authority. They will never challenge my authority.

I growled to my self.

"A half days away, they will catch us by nightfall" I said to myself.

I singled that we must go. We do not run as we used to, we simply pace ourselves at a light trot. I see smoke ahead, we are hoping it is just a field fire. Nevertheless, we circle around it.

I heard a crunch, I look behind me and see that Felhwin has fallen, I think the worst.

"Felhwin!" I yell.

I hear a low coughing sound.

"Felhwin" I yell again.

I hear what I think is a gurgle.

"He did not drink at the stop" I hear from Obeya, one of our males.

"Dangit" I curse "That fool, if he lives he will wish he never had slowed us

down"

I kick at Felhwin when I get over at him

He does not get up. I see no blood or broken bones.I signal for Torya, a healthy female.

"Torya" I say " Help Felhwin make it to the next watering hole.

She grumbles a bit but agrees.

To be continued... Once I feel like writing more  

No comments:

Post a Comment