Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wolves of a Thousand Eyes (Chap. 3)

The 3rd chapter! I'll try writing (typing) 1 a day, it might be hard if I have lots of homework but it only takes me about a half hour to type each chapter up! Make sure you've read the other chapters or else you'll get pretty confused.

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: Lihria 

The lone wolf, standing there. Ridged, she looked so pitiful there, like a wolf pup kicked to many times, it reminded me to much of Felwhin.

I cautiously approached this strange wolf. I saw her back paw move, i didn't know if she as going to dart away or be ready to. A little fear left her eyes and the wolf growled, so low I could barely hear her, the fear came back within a matter of seconds. Her fur was still standing upright. Her eyes still full of fear. Even though the wolf tried to look stronger than she was, the wolf seemed to be getting ever more pitiful as I got closer. I did not know why she did not run. A sane wolf would run in this situation, and I would not have cared at all. When I got within ten meters of her the wolf started to get more nervous and jumpy. She backed up a bit, into what looked like either a cave or a small hole. I moved up another couple meters, she put a paw in front of her to steady herself, the wolf was clearly expecting a attack. When I got within three meters of the wolf she was as jumpy and nervous as ever. she seemed to be protecting something, I knew nothing of what it was at the time. The trees around me seemed to scrunch up as if expecting a fight. I could see her muscles rippling through her body even though they were as pitiful as she looked.

I asked her what her name was. The wolf did not answer.

I asked again, getting louder. Still, the wolf did not answer.

I moved up a few steps. The wolf tensed up even 

I asked again getting louder. She answered.

"L-l-Lihria" She said with a quivering voice.

I asked why she did not run. She did not answer.

I saw Obeya come up from the corner of my eye, I let him come. Lihria saw him to, and backed up into the hole even more. One of the females, Ohirah started to come I suspected she had been liking Obeya for a few weeks now. Obeya has not been courting her yet. I snapped at Ohirah, she backed away into the dense forest. 

I asked why she did not run again. She did not answer.

After the third or fourth time of asking her I got annoyed.

I nodded to Obeya. He went up to Lihria, raised a paw and slashed her face. Lihria flinched, but did not move. Blood trickled down her face as Obeya cleaned his paw, muttering "Fowl blood" and "Dead brain" under his breath.

She finally talked.

"I-I'm, just another loner" Lihria said "W-what do you want from me?"

This time I slashed her face, her bleeding was more heavy now.

"I-I have nothing for you" Lihria said "Stop, please" 

"I know you are hiding something" I said "Show it to me."

By now there was a small pool of blood, trickling into the the small hole, Lihria was trying to get the blood out of the hole, franticly when I wasn't asking questions. 

Quietly, Lihria stepped aside. Before my eyes there were two squirming pups, a dead one lay a few inches away from the living. Immediately I felt sorry for what I had done to her, replaced by anger for what she could have avoided. I went back to the rest of the pack. I didn't know what to do. As always, Rain was gone he had disappeared again. 

"We should leave her" Said Obeya "She will be  a burden."

"How could you say that?" Said Ohirah "She is a poor wolf who needs help."

Obeya said nothing more after that.

"I don't care," Said Torya "As long as I don't have to be her bodyguard again." She snapped at Felhwin

"I-t would be nice to have another runt in the pack..." Stuttered Felwhin quietly. 

We ended up letting her in the pack. She is starting wander with Rain, coming back with cuts and bruises... Rain is getting farther and farther away from the pack. Ohirah has agreed to take care of the pups when Lihria disappears. I am disappointed with Lihira, also in Obeya for trying to court Ohira when we may get killed in a matter of days. The hunters have been on the trail again, they have gained at least 8 hours on us. Every one of us is growing weaker, we have had to slow our pace even more so, Felwhin may not make it to the next stop, everything is going horribly bad. 

Chapter 4, coming tomorrow probably. I know this chapter was a bit choppy and confusing, I'm not very good at writing with pups an stuff like that. The next chapters should be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment